Open Positions: 4
Education Qualifications: BS or MS degree
Experience: 7 – 10 years
Perform automated and manual testing of software applications for the Web-based Provisioning system, which includes Carrier Data Onboarding, API integration, Reporting platform, Robocall detection, and prevention, Call Analytics to feed downstream systems that process real-time Calling Name queries from customers and endpoints.
The QA engineer will be responsible for working with the Software Engineering personnel, Business Development group, and end Customers to create test plans, test cases, release note creation and software certification for Telecommunications applications.
Good understanding of the telecom domain.
- Ensure proper QA policies and testing coverage is applied to assigned projects and tasks
- Participate in the Agile software delivery process by reviewing functional and design specifications, develop and review test cases in Perl, KSH, JAVA, JUnit, TestNG, SQL and Selenium
- Write user stories and tasks for sprints, coordinate efforts and communication with the developers and other team members to ensure resolution of defects, and manage/triage defects in the bug tracking system
- Participate in automation initiatives including white box scripting and functional automation projects
- Execute and assist in performance testing
- Ensure that products meet or exceed the quality standards by applying knowledge of quality assurance standards and procedures
- Prepare detailed test reports and software certifications, produce software release notes.
- Experience in Software Testing and/or Software Test Automation
- Experience working in an Agile environment/familiarity with Agile methodology and tools, ability to seamlessly integrate automation solutions with continuous integration (using Jenkins) build.
- Experienced with current database technologies – RDBMS and NoSQL DBs – like Oracle, Mongo, Cassandra
- Experience testing software at API and web service level
- Experience testing different web service methodologies REST, SOAP over XML, JSON payloads
- Experience with Shell/Perl/Python scripting in Linux/Unix Environment.
- Experience in development using Java, JUnit.
- Experience in automation tools like Selenium, TestNG, SoapUI, Load Runner and QTP
- Experience in Telecom and IP communication domain
- Experience setting up QA Environment including web/application/database
- Understanding of the SDLC and comprehensive understanding of the entire Quality Assurance process, including defect submission standards, test case, and test plan documentation
- Exposed to Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience in testing with Web servers, routers, and load balancing – preferred
- Experience with Telephony protocols (like SIP, SS7, ENUM) – preferred
- Experience in building secure software and awareness of best security practices like OWASP top 10 – preferred.
- Expertise with Relational Databases and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization solutions like VMWare, Oracle VM, and Docker will be a plus.
- Experience with deployment and configuration management tools (eg: Chef, Puppet) is a plus