Educational Qualification: B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering
Experience: 5-8 years
The DevOps Engineer will be the driving force for speed and efficiency within our Engineering and IT teams. This role demands a passion for leveraging code to manage our complex and dynamic infrastructure, along with the flexibility and desire to learn and grow. Work collaboratively with software engineering and IT to deploy and operate our systems; as well as help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring, and operations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environments.
- Monitor systems to ensure maximum up-time and quality of service.
- Provide internal support and scalability for our continuously evolving environment.
- Work with Continuous Integration/Configuration platforms and tools to automate infrastructure provisioning and deployment flow.
- 2+ years’ Linux Administration/DevOps experience.
- 1-2 years’ Python development experience
- Experience with continuous integration systems, such as Jenkins
- Experience with source control tools, such as GIT
- Demonstrated automation experience
- Demonstrated expertise with Linux commands
- Shell and Bash scripting experience
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Experience with VMware virtualization products such as ESX or vSphere
- Experience in deploying to AWS, Azure
- Experience with configuration management using either Puppet, Docker, Chef, Ansible or an equivalent is a plus.
- Prior experience building software (familiarity with makefiles and compiling software) is a plus.
- Familiarity with software packaging (Linux RPM’s and Linux RPM Spec Files) is a plus.