Educational Qualification: B.S. or higher in Computer Science, Engineering
Experience: 5-8 years
- Architect technical solutions to satisfy BI needs as per BI Strategy
- Conceptualize, design, and implement database migration, ETL migration, job scheduling implementations. Present viable solution architecture and options to remediate and optimize DW/BI related applications and supporting software.
- Develop ETL/ ELTL code using SQL, PL/SQL, Java, AWS & Hadoop command-line, and UNIX scripting (No third-party proprietary ETL tool used)
- Support existing production environments end to end (Data Sourcing, Data Stores, Applications, Clusters, BI).
- Support large-scale MPP databases (Postgres, AWS Redshift, Greenplum) as a DBA
- Drive architectural best practices and guidelines on AWS (RDS, Redshift, EC2, S3, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and fix production tickets based on priority and take tactical and strategic actions
- Perform database design, schema change management, and database administration tasks (backups/ restores).
- Perform proactive and reactive monitoring and performance tuning of operating systems, databases and application code. Review requirements and data models, and translate into ETL design processes that effectively populate data warehouse and data mart tables
- Automate repetitive tasks to improve productivity and efficiency Conceptualize, design, and implement innovative solutions using open source, Hadoop, and Cloud Computing technologies
- Communicate with the Business Analyst and Data Analyst to fully understand requirements, provide feedback, and request clarification, as needed Follow configuration and change management processes
- Maintain source code in GIT, produce quality software products, utilizing best practice methodology and technology
- Expert in writing SQL and PL/SQL for application or data transformation purpose
- Expert in writing Unix Shell scripts beyond just wrappers
- Hands-on with basic Unix/Linux System Operations and OS monitoring commands and tools
- Either DBA (Core/ Application) or Database Development background in one of the leading RDBMS (Oracle, DB2, Postgres, MySQL, etc.)
- Experience in Data Warehouse lifecycle
- Experience in at least one leading Business Intelligence products (Tableau, OBIEE, Business Objects, Cognos, etc.)
- Experience in ETL development (either using third-party proprietary tools on native code). NOTE: We do NOT use any proprietary ETL tools.
- Experience in MPP Shared Nothing architecture (Teradata, Netezza, AWS Redshift, Greenplum, etc.)
- Experience in developing or support solutions in Hadoop
- Experience in Tableau, Datameer, BIRT, D3, etc.
- Exposure to Talend or Pentaho for ETL
- Experience in Data Modeling (3NF and Dimensional)